Thursday, April 27, 2017

A visit to IDW Games!

Hey Planeteers!

Even though I live in Los Angeles, IDW Games is (relatively) close in nearby San Diego for me to come in for a Rayguns and Rocketships related visit.

IDW Games is located above the awesome Comic Art Museum - which is housed in a beautiful Southern California mission-style building. It has a cool collection of original comic book art.

However, I was there to see Rayguns and Rocketships! And on this visit, they had a surprise for me, a production copy of the game!

I was thrilled to see the game finally looking how I always imagined it
Now keep in mind, there are still a few tweaks here and there to be made - THIS NOT THE FINAL VERSION OF THE GAME - but this is pretty close.
The painted cards by Ron Salas are gorgeous!
This board will look even better with tokens and rocketships on it!
This is just one of the token sheets for the game. Note the raygun-shaped 1st player token
The box on the top is the final size - plenty of room to fit the game and (hopefully) expansions!
Needless to say, I was thrilled to see the high-detail miniatures (what final size they will be in still be discussed) and the beautiful card and board art.

The miniatures look amazing on the new rocketship game board!


The Planeteers are ready for action!
A big thanks to IDW Games for hosting me. They are doing an awesome job with the game. I can't wait for YOU to see Rayguns and Rocketships for yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment